2020 Steve Schumann Memorial - WINTER CLASSIC
Ron BuffingtonStriped Bass
Jaime BuffingtonStriped Bass
John RaineyStriped Bass
Justin BeamStriped Bass
Malcolm GrahameStriped Bass
Travis LongStriped Bass
Allen WalkerStriped Bass
Steve KelleyStriped Bass
Greg ShuteStriped Bass
Gary RobertsonStriped Bass
John MilaniStriped Bass
Harrison SchaefferStriped Bass
Matt BadenStriped Bass
Danny BauerStriped Bass
Jack BauerStriped Bass
Josh CreelStriped Bass
Chloe DelaneyStriped Bass
Landon DelaneyStriped Bass
Martin ShubertStriped Bass
Ryan DelaneyStriped Bass
craig sheridanStriped Bass
Dale CoonStriped Bass
Rob SchouStriped Bass
Lukas DelaneyStriped Bass
Joshua KaltreiderStriped Bass
Sawyer SchouStriped Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
LEADERBOARD IS OFFICIAL Congratulations to our winners!!
UPDATE : FLEXIBLE TOURNAMENT DATES 12/5-12/13.
YOU PICK ONE DAY TO FISH
REGISTER BY 12/10 & GET 25% OFF BKD PURCHASE CODE FROM BILL & MARY MONTGOMERY OF BASS KANDY DELIGHTS.
DECLARATION OF FISHING DAY & NEW INFO/FAQ
TEAMS & INDIVIDUALS MUST DECLARE THEIR FISHING DAY BEFORE SUNSET THE DAY BEFORE FISHING.
YOU MAY DECLARE YOUR FISHING DAY FURTHER IN ADVANCE BUT NOT LATER THAN SUNSET THE DAY BEFORE.
ALL IMAGES MUST INCLUDE A PHOTO ID CODE. EACH TEAM OR INDIVIDUAL FISHING ALONE WILL NEED THEIR OWN UNIQUE PHOTO ID CODE.
TO DECLARE FISHING & OBTAIN YOUR CODE TEXT 443-621-9186 WITH YOUR NAME AND DATE YOU WILL FISH.
LINES IN 7AM - LINES OUT 4:45PM ON YOUR DECLARED DAY ONLY.
ANY RULES OR REGULATIONS POSTED ONLINE THAT STATE DIFFERENT DETAILS THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE IN BOLD ARE NOT ACCURATE AND DO NOT REFLECT THE CHANGE FOR WEATHER AND SAFETY.
RANDOM PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AFTER 12/13 VIA RANDOM DRAWING ONLINE: ONE LEGAL FISH = ONE ENTRY INTO RANDOM PRIZE DRAWING.
FLY FISHING RANDOM DRAWING: ONE LEGAL FISH = ONE ENTRY INTO RANDOM DRAWING FOR $250 SIMMS GIFT CERTIFICATE.
ALLTACKLE GRUNDENS DRAWING: EACH REGISTRANT WILL BE ENTERED TO PICK THEIR PAIR OF GRUNDENS DECK BOSS BOOTS AT ALLTACKLE ANNAPOLIS.
BASS KANDY DELIGHTS
Steve Schumann Memorial
~ A Light Tackle Fishing Competition ~
DECEMBER 5TH -DEC 13TH, 2020
Buzz's Marina - Ridge, MD
Attendance is NOT required due to health and safety concerns and no official gathering will occur at Buzz's Marina, but judges will be available in person.
As fall fades into winter each year, rockfish move to deeper water of the Bay and its many rivers to gorge on bait and prepare for winter. It is at this time of year that some of the best fishing can occur. Many light tackle anglers are known to follow the fish throughout this transition and focus on the southern reaches of the Maryland portion of the Bay.
The Steve Schumann Memorial WINTER CLASSIC is a light tackle, team-based tournament that celebrates the changes of the fishing season that energize all hardcore anglers.
Does your team have what it takes to win?
Scoring is based on a 3 fish combined stringer from a max of 6 anglers per boat team. You MAY fish with less than 6 anglers, but MAY NOT fish with more, so choose your team members wisely!
The WINTER CLASSIC is a catch-photo-release tournament. As most anglers know, striped bass managers consider the fish to be overfished and overfishing is occurring. This means there are less fish out there than management plans prescribe and that we are taking them from the water at higher rates than acceptable for sustainability.
Tournament leaders know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with anglers keeping fish to take home for dinner, but this tournament will require that a fish be released to be considered for a prize.
This choice allows all teams(up to 6 anglers) to compete for top prizes, and limit the event’s overall impact on the striped bass resource at this time.
Survival rates for fish are nearly 99% when the water is cold, has moderate salinity, are shallow hooked, handled carefully and quickly returned to the water. This tournament will work to promote these facts and educate anglers when catch and release fishing should and should not be done based on varying conditions and fishing techniques.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Longest 3 Fish TEAM Stringer
Longest Fish caught by INDIVIDUAL
1st, 2nd, 3rd Youth Longest Fish
1st Place Team - $1500 Alltackle Gift Card
2nd Place Team - $ 1000 Alltackle Gift Card
3rd Place Team - $500 Alltackle Gift Card
Longest Rockfish - 50 qt. Engel Cooler
Youth - $50 Gift Certificate & CCA Hat
THIS IS A TEAM BASED COMPETITION. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST FISH ON THE SAME BOAT TOGETHER WITH A MAX OF 6 PER TEAM.
THERE ARE PRIZES FOR INDIVIDUAL CATCHES BUT ALL ENTRANTS NEED TO BE ON A TEAM. TEAM MEMBERS NEED TO USE THE EXACT TEAM NAME.
HOW TO REGISTER
- A FREE IANGLER TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.
- IF YOU HAVE A USER NAME AND CANNOT REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD, OR NEED HELP REGISTERING, PLEASE EMAIL David@ccamd.org or call David Sikorski @ 443-621-9186
- ONCE REGISTERED AND LOGGED INTO IANGLERTOURNAMENT YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD WITH PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION AS DESCRIBED BELOW
- USE THE INDIVIDUAL ANGLER OPTION TO REGISTER PEOPLE ONE AT A TIME, EACH TEAM MEMBER MUST ENTER THE EXACT SAME TEAM NAME FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER
OPTIONAL REGISTRATION BY PHONE: A SINGLE EMAIL, LISTING ALL TEAM MEMBERS MAY BE SENT TO INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORG WITH NAME, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS OF UP TO 6 TEAM MEMBERS TO REQUEST REGISTRATION VIA CHECK, CASH, OR CC PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE.
A REPRESENTATIVE FROM CCA MARYLAND WILL CONTACT YOU TO HANDLE ALL REGISTRATION AND SETTING UP YOUR IANGLERTOURNAMENT SYSTEM.
$75 Per ANGLER UP TO 6 ANGLERS PER TEAM - Includes
Youth Entry Free with CCA Maryland Membership
Use Coupon Code CCAYOUTH to bypass entry fee OR contact email@example.com to provide youth name and email if available. Youth will be added to adult iangler account, and adults will be able to log youth catch on tournament day.
The following additional calcuttas are available to be entered in addition to the tournament to win the prizes listed below
CCA Maryland - $20
INDIVIDUAL Longest fish win’s CCA Maryland Prize Pack.
50 QT. ENGEL COOLER W/ CCA SWAG PACKAGE
*minimum entry of 20 participants for calcutta to be awarded, refund available if threshold is not met.
****Enter via paypal button on computer only****
Cash, Check, or CC Entry available per request to firstname.lastname@example.org
$75 USDIndividual Angler
Tournament is over
UPDATE: Sweatshirts and Random Prizes
1 year 1 week ago
Unofficial Results - Schumann Memorial - WINTER CLASSIC
1 year 1 month ago
1 year 1 month ago
1 year 1 month ago
TOURNAMENT FORMAT & WEATHER UPDATES
1 year 1 month ago
Events & Schedule
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO MARYLAND RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS AND ON HOOK AND LINE.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES & DATES/TIMES: Chesapeake Bay and Tributaries.
LINES IN: 7:00am ON DECLARED FISHING DAY
LINES OUT: 4:45PM ON DECLARED FISHING DAY
- SPECIES: Striped Bass / Rockfish Catch, Photo, Release. All fish entered for competition shall be released in a manner to maximize health and survivability of the released fish.
- ALLOWED FISHING TACKLE: Light Tackle only. Artificial scent, liquid/gel color or lure enhancement allowed. No Trolling or use of live/dead bait.
- A single, clear and readable photo of your catch should be taken against the 48” CCA MD ruler. Rulers received at a previous years CCA MD or Boat Yard Bar and Grill Tournament or Fish for a Cure are allowed.
- Tournament participants will be provided a tournament identifier after sunset on Friday Dec 4th via iAngler and on CCA Maryland's Facebook page. The Identifier must be visible in all pictures and may be printed out, drawn on a hand or ruler, or be made visible in all pictures of fish.
- The overall fish length will be judged based on the image you provide from the snout to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched.
- To properly measure a fish, place it directly next to or on top of the ruler, w/ the nose towards the zero mark. Any length of fish beyond the zero inches mark of the ruler will not count towards the official length. Rulers MAY NOT be modified in any way, but it IS RECOMMENDED that a fish be placed against a bulkhead, or attached to a board to allow the snout of the fish to be even with the zero mark.
- Any fish caught longer than 48” should be photographed next to the ruler
- No fish below the legal size limit may be entered.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any participant’s ruler before, during, or after judging and disqualify any catch if a ruler modification is suspected. Failure to present the ruler to judges at their request may result in disqualification.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of picture. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judge’s discretion. Judges may ask to view the original image on your phone or camera. Failure to provide an original image may result in disqualification
- Participants may not change boats during the tournament.
- All occupants on a single vessel must be entered in the tournament.
- Youth entries may not be counted toward a team stringer unless youth is fishing as part of team under paid registration.
- All participants reserve the right to challenge any photo judgement before 5:00 Pm ON 12/13 or when judging ends if later than 5:00pm ON 12/13.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry and have final say in determination of fish length by a 2/3 majority vote of judging panel.
- Tie breaker determined by time of entry or when stringer length is submitted based on the time that the photo is taken by an angler.
- Measurements will be made to nearest 1/4”
- Final results will be provided via virtual
Pictures shall be submitted via the iAngler Tournament smart phone app BEFORE LINES OUT ON YOUR DECLARED FISHING DAY(4:45pm).
In case of a tie, the individual that turns in their catch first or team reaches the stringer length first is the winner.
No catch logged after 4:45pm ON DECLARED FISHING DAY via iAnglertournament
Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly, and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the day.
Youth participants without a smartphone or email may be connected to an adults account PRIOR to lines in for catch logging purposes.
If fishing on a boat with multiple participants you may submit catch under one persons name, or add an anglers name in the notes section of the catch submission. All catch will be organized as a team.
Disclaimer Click to Read
Failure to comply with any rule or regulation of the tournament, or law, rule or regulation of Maryland State Fishing Guide, may cause the disqualification of an angler or the anglers catch. Any registered angler so disqualified shall not be entitled to any prize, award, or entry refund.
Weather: All anglers will fish at their own discretion and at their own risk. Entry refunds for weather may be granted by the sole decision of the tournament committee
Indemnity: All anglers will fish at their own risk. All anglers agree to indemnity and hold harmless all members of the Coastal Conservation Association Maryland Tournament Committee, Directors, Sponsors, and their agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage they may suffer as a result of this fishing tournament.
Miscellaneous: The tournament committee reserves the right to refuse the registration of any angler.