2023 Fish Like MADD
Need Help? Contact Us
December 2, 2023
We Fish to create a future of No More Victims®
Register now at: madd.org/fishlikemadd
The 2023 Fish Like MADD fishing tournament is MADD's signature fundraising event to help us raise both awareness and funds to eliminate impaired boating. We hope that you will rally with us in Fort Myers, FL to help create a future of No More Victims®. Register and donate TODAY to help us save more lives!
- Fishing will be in tLee County inshore waters.
- Catch and release - SNOOK, REDFISH and SEA TROUT
- Tournament has total boat and individual categories
- Photo fishing tournament using the iAngler Tournament app. (participants must download the app)
- No line in the water before 7am
October 20: Captain's Meeting
- All fishing teams must come to register and/or pick up their tournament supplies at the Captain's meeting to qualify to fish in the tournament on Saturday, December 2nd.
- Anglers are required to stay for the entire Captain's Meeting from 6 PM - 7 PM. An overview of the tournament and rules will be given by the tournament director followed by Q & A for anyone with questions.
December 2: Tournament and Award Ceremony
- The tournament will take place between 7am - 4pm in Lee Countv inshore waters.
Award Ceremony will take place from 4-8pm. Tournament winners will be announced as soon as every team returns.
Awards at 6:30!
1 week 2 hours ago
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
4 months 3 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
4 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
(4PM - 8PM with announcements at 6PM)
12/01/2023 04:00 PM
Lines in Water
12/02/2023 07:00 AM
Lines out of the Water
12/02/2023 04:00 PM
Awards Ceremony (4-8pm)
12/02/2023 04:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
FISH LIKE MADD
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This is a catch & release tournament using the iAngler app.
- Judges have the final say and communicate via the iAngler app.
- This is a tournament that has individual and team boat components.
- All fish must be measured on the official tournament fish ruler and photos uploaded on iAngler.
- Fish will not be rounded up to the next inch so clear photos showing measurement is vital.
- Anglers can use any bait of choice.
- No fishing within 250 feet of marina areas, boat launches or fuel stations.
- All State and Federal laws apply.
- Captains may launch at safe light, which is captain’s discretion.
- A minimum of 2 anglers per boat is required for safety reasons with a maximum of 4 anglers for boat registration fee.
- No line in the water before 7:00 am (Honor Start).
- Valid State of Florida fishing license is required to participate in the tournament as regulated by Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- In case of a tie, the angler who catches the targeted species first wins.
- Boats can launch from any dock of their choice as long as they abide by the launch at safe light and no lines in water before 7:00 am.
- All teams (or a member of the team) must return to Loggerhead Fish Tale Marina for award announcements and a celebration.
FORMAT & SCORING
- Fish Like MADD is a photo fishing tournament using the iAngler app and targeting snook, redfish and sea trout.
- There will be a Calcutta, which will be announced at the Captain’s Meeting at Fish Tale Marina on Friday night, September 9th at 6 pm.
- Boat Team: First place will be awarded to the boat that has the most inches for their longest snook, redfish and sea trout in total length (Inshore Slam). If no boat obtains all three species, winner will be determined by total length of fish submitted. You do not need all three species to win with total length. In the event of a tie, the team that caught their fish first will be determined the winner. Second and third place awards following the same format. Cash prizes awarded for this category.
- A Traveling Trophy will be awarded to the law enforcement and/or first responder boat with the most inches for their longest snook, redfish and sea trout. Cash prize is not awarded for this category.