5th Annual Yellowfin Charity Tournament
Devin YorkSpotted Sea Trout Robert BrouwerRedfish Alana delagarzaSnook Jackson StewartRedfish Dawson DaySnook Troy SnyderRedfish TJ StewartSpotted Sea Trout Michael DelagarzaRedfish Max MoneuseSpotted Sea Trout Patrick BlenkerRedfish Peter SmithRedfish Mani PailerRedfish Lawrence DiehlSnook Caleb BennettSpotted Sea Trout Mike HowesSpotted Sea Trout Timothy DiehlSpotted Sea Trout Colby HaneSnook Tim DantSpotted Sea Trout Clay WingateBass Brett HallSpotted Sea Trout Vincent RiccardoSnook James JacobsenSpotted Sea Trout DeviN CalderonRedfish Justin RudrudRedfish Andrew BennettSnook Adam MailliezRedfish Aaliyah RudrudRedfish Matt StevensSpotted Sea Trout Matthew GarrottSpotted Sea Trout Tyler MorrisSpotted Sea Trout Beau BellRedfish Frank ClarkSpotted Sea Trout Rich linkenhokerSpotted Sea Trout Ken MullettSnook Trevor HarmonSpotted Sea Trout
Need Help? Contact Us
The holiday season is a time to help those less fortunate and so with that in mind, Yellowfin Yachts will sponsor and host an inshore tournament and festival as part of a toy drive benefitting Toys for Tots and The Children’s Home. The Bradenton, Florida-based boatbuilder’s goal is to “Fill the Fin:” completely fill the inside of a 36-foot Yellowfin center console boat with children’s toys.
For several years Yellowfin hosted a tournament in December for their employees, who would donate a toy in order to enter. Heath Daughtry, vice president of Yellowfin, says the goal is to have each of the supporting businesses conduct toy drives on their own, as well as to have each participating angler bring a new toy in lieu of their entry fee for the tournament. “There’s no money involved, it’s all donations,” he says. “It’s a perfect time to remember those less fortunate than ourselves and especially the kids in our community. We strive to be an excellent partner here on the west coast of Florida and we look forward to a great event!”
The Fourth Annual Yellowfin Charity Classic “Fill the Fin” will be held Dec. 6-7, 2019 at the Bradenton Yacht Club in Bradenton, Florida. The tournament registration and Captain’s Meeting will take place on Friday the 6th at 5PM. Guests will learn how to register through the iAngler Tournament app while being treated to live music and food. The next morning on the 7th, fishing commences at safe light at the mouth of the Manatee River. Throughout the day there will be sponsor displays, artist’s exhibits, food trucks, and more in addition to bounce houses and games for the kids at the Bradenton Yacht Club. Boats must be back at the Bradenton Yacht Club by 4PM. Prizes will be awarded for the Top Overall Angler (a combination of redfish, trout and snook) in addition to the Top Anglers in each species. All fish will be measured, photographed and released alive, and must be entered through iAngler Tournament to count.
“It’s going to be a great weekend of fun and fishing, and it’s all for a great cause,” Daughtry says. “Everything benefits Toys for Tots and The Children’s Home—we’re going to ‘Fill the Fin’ and put on a great show for everyone.”
The general public is welcome to attend as the teams return from fishing on Dec. 7, 2019 at the Bradenton Yacht Club, located at 4307 13th St. W in Palmetto, FL. For more information visit www.yellowfincharityclassic.com.
Please note: Teams can consist of up to six (6) anglers. A youth on the boat will count as one. For safety reasons, your boat MUST BE RATED for at least the number of anglers registered on your team.
Summary of timeline:
Friday the 6th
5pm- Registration at the Bradenton Yacht Club
Live Music and Food
Saturday the 7th:
Gates open at 4am for anglers
Tournament starts at first safe light at Mouth of Manatee River.
4pm all boats need to be back at BYC. Tournament ends
Food and Beverages on site with Live Music
6pm raffle starts
Events & Schedule
12/06/2019 05:00 PM
LInes In (first light)
12/07/2019 06:30 AM
Lines Out, boats in
12/07/2019 04:00 PM
12/07/2019 05:00 PM
12/07/2019 06:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
• All fish will be Photo Documented.
• Documentation Pieces along with Measuring Boards will be provided at Captains Meeting.
**measuring board must be in the photo. Photo must show entire length of the fish. Must have clear shot of pinched tail while the nose of the fish is at the "0" line. Length of sticker must be visible.
• Two Adults and two youth will be allowed per team.
• Youth are considered under the age of 16.
• Fish may be caught on Live or Artificial Baits.
• Anglers may exit the boat and wade fish.
• Anglers will be required to maintain all State, Federal and Local Laws and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• The overall Master Angler(s) will be the Team that has the most overall inches of Redfish, Snook, and Trout, the longest three (3) of each will count for scoring.
• The overall Master angler will be determined by the following,
• 3 Largest in inches Redfish
• 3 Largest in inches Snook
• 3 Largest in inches Trout
• There will be a Redfish Overall Winner. (Largest overall 3 best fish in inches)
• There will be a Snook Overall Winner. (Largest overall 3 best in inches)
• There will be a Trout Overall Winner. (largest overall 3 best in inches)
*Adult anglers/teams can only win one prize category. Winners will be determined based on a "next in line" basis.
*all catch measurements and detail discrepancies will be settled by the tournament director, without exception.
**all winners agree to submit to a polygraph test if requested by tournament director.
• The Fly and Youth Divisions will each be decided by one fish per species.
• Master Fly and Youth anglers will be decided on overall total inches of One Redfish, One Trout, and One Snook.
• Teams will need to be registered and provide one Toy per angler for Entry. (total of 4 for Youth)
• All registration forms will be handed in at Captains Meeting 5pm Bradenton Yacht Club.
• All Teams must attend the Captains Meeting.
• Teams will be released by registration number on date of Tournament.
• Check out will be first Light in the Bradenton River
• Check in will be 4:00pm - anlgers must report to the Bradenton Yacht Club by 4PM, in person (not by phone, text, etc).
• Teams may have bait in boat prior to tournament.