November 2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix
Brendon Le FebourLionfish
Weldon Wade, Event Coordinator
Need Help? Contact Us
November 2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix
Dec/1/2020: Event Announcement: Good day everyone! And just like that, the first ever November 2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix is over. First things first, thank you so much to all of the anglers. You guys crushed it!! Thank you also to event sponsors and supporters. Second, we are crunching the numbers and giving anglers a few days to get all catch logs in and sort out largest and smallest fish and judging for best photos. We will need some time to get all that sorted. Appreciate everyone's patience while we quickly and safely flesh this out. Finally, and simultaneously, we are super excited to kick off the first December 2020 Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix. The race is on!
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
Most Lionfish - Team, 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Most Lionfish - Individual, 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Largest Lionfish - must be completely intact and whole for official review
Smallest Lionfish - must be completely intact and whole for official review
Best Team Photo
Best Individual Photo
If you would like to support this event but not participate there are options to advertise or become a supporting partner.
Video sized for mobile. On a PC? Go full-screen.
That's a Wrap
6 months 2 weeks ago
Lionfish Grand Prix WhatsApp Group
7 months 2 weeks ago
Registration Has Opened!
7 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Event Registration Open
10/26/2020 12:00 AM
11/01/2020 12:00 AM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix Rules
1. Every angler participating must have a Bermuda Lionfish Culling Permit. All entries into this event must first be entered into the official reporting database at www.lionfish.bm where you receive a Lionfish Report Number. This number is a prerequisite for each entry into the Tournament.
2. Lionfish (Pterois volitans/miles) eligible for entry may only be taken during the event. No previously caught lionfish will be allowed.
3. Only legal means of capture will be allowed. This is a lionfish ONLY event. All existing local laws must be followed and will be strictly enforced.
4. You are allowed to keep what you catch. We do not need to see actual lionfish except for special circumstances including by not limited to entry into the largest and smallest categories. Please freeze largest and smallest contenders until validated by a Tournament Director.
5. Lionfish may be taken by spear, hand net or hook and line. No chemicals, traps or other collecting mechanisms are allowed.
6. Individual anglers are allowed. If you enter as a Team, Teams will be limited to a 4 person max, 2 person min. Multiple teams are allowed per boat. To qualify for prizes, participants must be registered.
7. Protective gloves should be worn when handling lionfish. Participants are encouraged to carry a thermos on the boat or in bag left on shore containing hot, but not scalding, water for first aid purposes.
8. The 2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix runs from November 1, 2020 through November 31, 2020
9. Only one winning entry will be allowed in each category (no sweeping of a category).
10. This Grand Prix event is open to all snorkelers, freedivers and divers using recreational SCUBA equipment and technical diving equipment. The use of commercial or industrial equipment is prohibited.
11. Largest and smallest fish will be determined by total length of the fish, in millimeters, measuring from tip of snout to tip of tail. Completely intact. Please keep all lionfish on ice if you are keeping them whole.
12. All entrants agree to allow Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix officials to take and use photos for media and promotional purposes.
13. The Grand Prix takes place regardless of weather conditions. Individual divers and Team Captains make their own decision about whether to venture out. Safety first!
14. All prizes will be awarded to Individual Anglers or Team Captains within seven days of the announcement of the winners.
15. The Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix is an honor system tournament with Individual Anglers and Team Captains being responsible for compliance with the Rules.
16. Anyone found violating Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix Rules by the Lionfish Grand Prix Officials will be disqualified from receiving any prizes and prohibited from entry in any future culling events.
17. Decisions of the Lionfish Grand Prix officials are final.
18. All participants must agree to event Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimer Click to Read
Participation in the 2020 Bermuda Lionfish Grand Prix and all Lionfish Grand Prix events is entirely at the participant's own risk, this includes any dealings with subcontractors or suppliers to host howsoever engaged.
The organizer, the promoters, sponsors and any other persons involved in the organization of this event will in no way be held liable or responsible, or enter into any litigation concerning the health and welfare of participants, exhibitors or anyone connected with the event being in any way whatsoever affected by war, civil unrest, political instability, riots, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, and any other events or occurrences which are within or beyond their control.
The same condition will apply to COVID-19, SARS, bird flu, Swine flu or any other disease or infection howsoever contracted, in the past or future, be it within event parameters or participating in and travelling to and from any in-person event associated with the Lionfish Grand Prix.
In this respect the organizer waives all claims of any kind.