2020 WTKF - Brady Creek Reservoir
Edgar MendozaLarge Mouth Bass
Valerie GrantLarge Mouth Bass
Eddie MorrisLarge Mouth Bass
Eli HinojosSmall Mouth Bass
Layne GrantLarge Mouth Bass
Jake MaeniusLarge Mouth Bass
Manny GarzaLarge Mouth Bass
August LewisLarge Mouth Bass
Dale GriffinLarge Mouth Bass
Shawn CallendarLarge Mouth Bass
Lance ReynoldsLarge Mouth Bass
Derek RiceLarge Mouth Bass
Lee RomeroLarge Mouth Bass
Aza HinojosLarge Mouth Bass
Jody MorrisLarge Mouth Bass
Robert NealSpotted Bass
Tony ZapataLarge Mouth Bass
Grayson HiersLarge Mouth Bass
Steve NotgrassLarge Mouth Bass
Tony DietzLarge Mouth Bass
Jose ChavezLarge Mouth Bass
Dee WadeLarge Mouth Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
Brady Creek Reservoir
Registration and Captains meeting will be at 6:30 am at the Brady Lake Park Boat Ramp area. All fish will need to be submitted by 3:30 pm.
Please bring $10 cash for Big Bass if you would like to participate in the Big Bass Pot.
Please visit: http://www.westtexaskayakfishing.com for the full tournament details.
Tournament Rules and Regulations can also be found at: http://www.westtexaskayakfishing.com/rules/
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
9 months 2 days ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
9 months 2 days ago
Events & Schedule
03/21/2020 06:30 AM
Launch - 360 Light required prior to Safe-Light
03/21/2020 07:00 AM
03/21/2020 07:30 AM
Lines Out / Submission deadline for all fish
03/21/2020 03:30 PM
02/29/2020 04:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Important Rule Changes for 2020
- The Ketch Board measuring device is approved for use in WTFK Events, in addition to the Hawg Trough.
- Hawg Trough Reinforcement -If you are utilizing the Hawg Trough measuring device, it is recommended to reinforce the device with dowel rods inserted into the slots on the back of the board, or mount the board to a piece of 1x4 wood to insure rigidity. Reinforced boards will NOT be subject to the "propping" scrutiny defined below.
- Propping - If you are required to "prop" up one end of your measuring device due to the size of your kayak, the bump/head end of the board should not be "propped". All photo's of "propped" fish shall be scored at the judges discretion.
- Blue Sky Boatworks 360 Angler is an approved water-craft for WTKF.
- Each tournament will have a $40 entry fee that has to be paid through the iAngler App(available for both iPhone and Android) or you can use a web browser). This is 100% non refundable. Please make sure you can attend before signing up. Registration will close the night before the tournament starts.
- Big Bass - $10 payable during registration on morning of tournament. Whoever catches the largest bass takes the cash.
Payouts for each event will be based on the number of anglers that participate and can be changed at any time by tournament director. Please see the payout structure here.
Payouts if nobody catches a fish.
- All anglers that show up to weigh ins will be able to roll their entry fee into another tournament (minus the iAngler fees). No "refund" will be given.
Payouts if only one person catches a fish.
- The Angler that catches the fish gets entire pot for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place.
Payouts if only two Anglers catch fish.
- 1st place gets the 1st place pot. 2nd gets the 2nd place spot. 3rd, 4th and 5th place pot is split 50/50 between 1st and 2nd place.
- If 2 positions are in a tie then the tiebreaker will be biggest fish. If all of their fish are identical in length then the pots are added together and split. For example if the tie is for 2nd and 3rd the two pots will be added together and split equally.
- Life Jacket must be worn at all times during tournaments. Zero exceptions.
- You will be given an identifier at the captain's meeting that will be required to be in ALL of your photo submissions. That identifier can be written on your hand or on a piece of paper. Whatever you prefer.
- All Anglers must agree and sign Liability Waiver prior to event (in iAngler app).
- Attendance of the Captain's meeting is required. If you can not make it get with the Tournament Director to work something out.
- All anglers will launch at the same time unless otherwise noted for Road Runner events.
- Texas Fishing License Required at all events. Get one here.
360 Light Requirements
- A coast guard approved 360 light is required when launching before sun-up, if you do not have one you can still fish the event, but you will not be able to launch until the tournament director deems it safe.
Approved Watercraft and propulsion requirements
If you have a question about if your watercraft is a legal vessel please see the FAQ's and if you still have any doubt contact the Tournament Director before the day of the tournament.
- Electric powered trolling motors ARE allowed. However you can not use them to troll with lure in the water.
- NO GAS Propulsion engines/motors.
- Artificial lures/baits only. NO LIVE OR DEAD BAIT ALLOWED.
- Two rods allowed in use at any given time (unless trolling)
- Rod and Reel and Fly fishing is the only acceptable ways to land fish.
- No trot-lines or jugs.
- No down-riggers allowed, but trolling is permitted by human power only. Only one rod is allowed at a time if trolling.
Practice and Lake Off Limits
No guide services 30 days prior to tournament date. You may not pay for guide services on the lake 1 month prior to the tournament day.
Inclement weather policy
- Tournament director has the right to postpone or cancel the event due to inclement weather or inclement weather forecasted for tournament day.
- Should the tournament director decide the weather is not safe the day of tournament it will be rescheduled for the Sunday immediately after the scheduled tournament date. Weather permitting.
Catch Photo Release (CPR) Requirements
We will have help at weigh ins if you are having issues with cell phone service and/or issues with the app. If you are going to need assistance please make plans to be at weigh ins early.
- GoPro Cameras are not allowed as photo capturing devices for the purposes of submitting fish.
Catch Photo Release photo requirements
- Fishes head must be to the left and belly down. Entire fish must be in the photo. If the tail is not in the photo the fish will not be scored.
- This is an open or closed mouth tournament series. Make sure the lip of the fish is clearly touching the board.
- Overhead photos only. Photos taken at angles will not be scored or penalized accordingly per the tournament directors discretion.
- Measurement marking must be clearly visible. Please take the time to mark your Hawg Trough with a sharpie at each 1/4 inch interval.
- Identifier given at Captains Meeting must be identifiable in every photo.
- No fingers, hands (or any objects) can be under the fish's gill plate.
- Do not cover any part of the fish past the 2nd Dorsal Fin (Soft-Ray Dorsal) towards Caudal Fin (Tail Fin)
- No clips or fish grips can be in the fishes mouth while picture is taken. Fish will not be scored if the pic includes a fish with clip or fish grips in the fishes mouth in the picture.
Fish Species Allowed
- Largemouth Bass
- Spotted Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
Other CPR requirements
- Fish can not be on stringers. You can leave hook in mouth during picture as long as it does not interfere with picture of fishes lip touching the inches marker on board.
- Fish can be kept however deemed necessary if you think it is a ShareLunker of over 13 pounds and you plan on taking it to the TPWD. See details here for ShareLunker
- Fish must be a minimum of 12 inches.
- Each angler’s 5 longest scorable fish will be added together for your final score (minus any deductions)
- Inches will be used and rounded down to the nearest ¼ inch
- Angler with the most total inches will be declared winner. Second total inches will be second and so on. See rules for tiebreakers above.
Any rules violations being reported must be reported to the Tournament Director before the weigh ins begin. This is to prevent somebody from accusing somebody of a violation just because they won. If you see a violation of a rule take a pic as evidence and notify the Tournament Director as soon as your cell phone service allows you to.Print
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
For consideration of participation in the Fishing Tournament event to be held on March 9, 2019. I, waive and release the West Texas Kayak Fishing Association ("WTKF"), its chapters, directors, ofDicers, administrators, representatives and executors, past and present employees, volunteers, agents, supervisors, participants, all city and state governments, assigns, all sponsors, their representatives and successors (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, liabilities, or cause of actions arising out of an injury to me from any and all claims, liabilities, or cause of actions arising from my participation or attendance in this event.
• Inherent and Potential Risks
I understand that the Kayak Fishing Tournament involves strenuous physical activity associated with Dishing. I understand that physical activity, by its very nature, carries with it certain inherent risks. I assume all risks associated with participating in the Kayak Fishing Tournament relating to the risk of strenuous physical activity. I acknowledge that I may incur minor injuries, major injuries, and catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. I assume risks from contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, failure of other participants and non-participants from observing the guidelines of the Kayak Fishing Tournament, any defects of conditions of premises (including high or low water levels and rough waters), and the effects of weather including high heat, thunderstorms, lightning, precipitation, cold temperatures, high winds, and/or humidity.
I agree to dress myself appropriately as to mitigate risk of physical injury to myself including, but not limited to: wearing shoes appropriate for strenuous physical activity involved in the Kayak Fishing Tournament; and dressing in conjunction with the weather.
I agree that the Releasees are not responsible for any personal items or property lost or stolen before, during, or after the Kayak Fishing Tournament.
• Medical Evaluation
I attest that I am medically and physically able to participate in the Kayak Fishing Tournament. If I experience any doubt as to my ability to successfully and safely participate in and/or complete the Kayak Fishing Tournament, I take full responsibility for consulting a physician. I attest that, if I am pregnant, disabled in any way, or have recently suffered an illness, injury, or impairment, I should have or did consult a physician prior to participating in the Kayak Fishing Tournament.
I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency, including, but not limited to, negligence emergency rescue operations.
• Voluntary Participation
I am fully aware of the risks connected with participation in the Kayak Fishing Tournament, whether specifically listed in this Release or not, and I voluntarily elect to participate in the Kayak Fishing Tournament knowing that this participation involves these risks.
• Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, Release, and Covenant Not To Sue
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Kayak Fishing Tournament, I voluntarily agree for myself, my family, heirs, assigns, executors, and administrators to the following:
TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of participating in the Kayak Fishing Tournament.
TO RELEASE, WAIVE, HOLD HARMLESS, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Releasees from any and all liability, claims, actions, demands, expenses, attorney fees, breach of contract actions, breach of statutory duty or other duty of care, warranty, strict liability actions, and causes of action whatsoever, that I might have or may acquire in the future, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the Kayak Fishing Tournament including, but not limited to, any claim that the act or omission complained of was in whole or in part by the negligence or carelessness of the Releasees.
• Acknowledgment and Compliance with Rules/Laws
I agree to observe and obey all rules and safety procedures that accompany the Kayak Fishing Tournament and to abide by any decision of an event ofDicial relative to my ability to safely compete in the event. I agree to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times and to obey all laws, including state and local laws. WTKF and event ofDicials may dismiss me, without refund, should my behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect an event, person, facility, or property of any kind.
I understand and agree to stock my vessel with one Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD) per passenger, in accordance with Coast Guard Regulations. The PFD shall be worn at all times while competing in the Kayak Fishing Tournament.
I agree that if any portion of this Release is deemed to be invalid, the remainder of the Release will still be binding and enforceable.
• Photography Release
I hereby grant full permission to WTKF to use, reuse, reproduce, publish, or republish any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of my participation in this event, in any medium now known or hereafter developed, alone or in conjunction with other material, without restriction as to changes or alterations, as well as to use my name, voice, likeness, and/or other indicia of identity, for editorial, educational, promotional, advertising, and commercial purposes, including without limitation in connection with the solicitation of contributions and the furtherance of the corporate objectives of WTFKA. Further, I relinquish all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or other records of the Fishing Tournament I may take or capture to WTKF.
I acknowledge and represent that I have carefully read and understand all terms of this Release and Waiver of Liability.