Virginia Rod and Reef Slam: Angling for Oyster Restoration
Saturday, September 14, 2019
PHOTO ENTRY VIA IANGLER TOURNAMENT APP:
• This is a catch, photograph, and release tournament. Release is encouraged, but not mandatory. All fish must be photographed with the tournament photo indicator and measuring device, and photos must be submitted before 3:00 p.m. on September 14, 2019. *ALL PHOTOS MUST BE CLEAR AND READABLE*
• Photos will be entered through the iAngler Tournament smartphone application (free application available via Google PlayStore and the iPhone App Store) and must be submitted BEFORE LINES OUT at 2:30 pm. Participants without a smartphone must be in line to submit their photographs by 3:00 p.m. to have their non-app submitted pictures judged.
• No catch electronically logged after 2:30 p.m. or submitted in person after 3:00 p.m. will count in the tournament. If a participant has technical issues with the iAngler Tournament application they may submit photos in person, but the time stamp on photo must show that the catch occurred during the legal hours of the tournament.
• Tournament participants will be provided a tournament photo indicator on Friday, September 13, 2019. The photo indicator must be visible in all pictures and may be drawn on a hand or ruler to ensure clear visibility.
• All photos must include catch location information using your smartphone’s GPS on the iAngler app. For those not using the iAngler app, the photograph must be accompanied by an additional photograph displaying your GPS location with the tournament photo indicator visible. Each logged catch must include a separate GPS location photo. Catches logged outside the tournament fishing boundaries will be not be counted.
• Catches for youth participants may be entered via another participant’s iAngler account. Email the name(s) of any youth entrant(s) to email@example.com with the subject Rod Reef Youth Entry and we will connect their iAngler account to a participating adult’s account.
• Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the day. The button to confirm that catch has been submitted and approved is in the top right of the app window.
• Fish may be measured with any standard measuring tape or ruler. Rulers that are molded into coolers are not allowed. Judges reserve the right to inspect any ruler or measuring device at any time and at the judges’ sole discretion disqualify any entry.
• The largest fish will be determined by length measured from the tip of the snout to the tip of the tail (you may pinch the tail). Use any standard measuring device. Rulers that are molded into coolers are not allowed. Judges reserve the right to inspect any ruler or measuring device at any time and at the judges' sole discretion disqualify any entry.
• To measure your fish: Put the measuring stick on the deck of your boat. Lay the fish on the measuring stick. Put the snout on the zero mark (the end of the stick). It helps to jam the measuring stick against a vertical surface to ensure that the zero mark and the snout of the fish are even. Fish will be measured to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO VIRGINIA FISHING REGULATIONS.
• Rods: Anglers may use no more than two rods at a time (including kayaks). No more than 5 total rods for power boat teams at any given time, regardless of the number of anglers on board.
• Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of a claim. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the official’s discretion.
• Protests: A registered angler may protest any other registered angler’s catch by filing a written protest to the tournament committee by 5:00 pm the day it was caught. The judges’ committee will settle any protest and their decision will be final.
• Compliance: Failure to comply with any rule or regulation of the tournament, or law, rule, or regulation of the Virginia Marine Resources Commission, may cause the disqualification of an angler or the angler's catch. Any registered angler so disqualified shall not be entitled to any prize, award, or entry refund.
• Weather: All anglers will fish at their own discretion and at their own risk. If bad weather causes the cancellation of the tournament, the tournament committee shall be responsible for making the decision to reschedule.
• Indemnity: Each angler must sign a waiver of liability in order to participate in the tournament and will fish at his or her own risk. Each angler agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Tournament Directors, Sponsors, and each of their members, agents, officers, and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage they may suffer as a result of this fishing tournament.